Monday, May 23, 2005

Stockholm calling


In case anyone thought this was all glamor, here's the view from my hotel in Stockholm - shot with a Microsoft smartphone, moved to my laptop via USB cable, uploaded to Flickr via my inclusive hotel WiFi connection, and published via Blogger - telco revenue = 0.

Anyway, I think this VON may hold some interesting announcements, not least of all from Popular Telephony. Both Martin and Richard have recently made some compelling posts on Skype stickiness and the underlying value of the Skype community as a distribution network (not a million miles away from my own long-standing suspicion that Skype's true value lies in P2P super-distribution). Popular Telephony will tomorrow announce a development which is yet another angle on this theme.

No comments: