Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Breeze, schmeeze

Unlike many nodes in the blogosphere, this author will never claim to be a "visionary," "guru," or "serial entrepreneur," nor to have three MBAs (each from a prestigious European/American institution) - nor will I ever profess an affinity for Ayurvedic skydiving, Tantric shark-wrestling, or Balkan dirtdiving. I'm reasonably sure that my readers don't care what music I'm listening to, what my children look like, or what books I'm reading. I do reserve the right, when the time is ripe, to embark on a series of posts parodying the painful style of the ever-expanding ranks of egregiously self-aggrandizing ego-bloggers, without prior notice, and just for the fun of it.

I will be the first to admit that it is rare that I can claim any genuine vision, but occasionally I have the good luck to run into someone with some interesting information. A case in point was the Macromedia story I heard back in November, which seems to be decisively confirmed by the Breeze announcement, which looks really promising and seems to have surprised some - but not me. I was surprised at the time (six months ago) that it didn't provoke more comment, though I recall a number of visits from the Macromedia URL at the time.

No comments: