Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Can I tag along to your party?

Among my day's typical torrent of messages offering irresistable temptations such as replica Rolexes, PhDs from respected universities, and free cable for life, today I got an extraordinary one from the Investor Relations department at KPN. It seemed to be to all the analysts covering the company (BCC'd), who were being implored to send prospective dates for their telecom industry conferences in 2005, so that management could mark their diaries accordingly. I have never seen a company of this size offering itself up like this. There are three possible explanations as far as I can see:

  1. The company is taking diary management a lot more seriously;
  2. This sort of thing has always happened, and I was accidentally added to some heretofore secret A-list of brokers, being mistaken for someone influential;
  3. Someone is feeling unloved.

No comments: