Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Blogs beat Christmas

As part of a piece of research I'm writing, today I Googled the word "blog," and it returned 129m hits. Then I thought I should try to put this into context, so I entered the word "Christmas," and was disappointed to see only 96m results. Jesus Christ himself only generates 12.2m hits, only slightly more than Madonna, but less than Michael Jackson. The Beatles, however, are not, in fact bigger than Jesus Christ, at least from a Google perspective. You have to add all of these together (Christmas, Jesus Christ, Madonna, Michael Jackson and the Beatles) to get a number bigger than that of the humble blog. Not far to go then to beat the 776m returns for the word "internet," and TV is definitely looking precarious at only 356m returns.

No comments: