Monday, April 03, 2006

You have to be in it to win it

The mother of all Platinum Club mega-uber value readers alerts me to breaking news of KPN's as-yet unannounced purchase of 49% of CasaNet, a FTTH provider in the eastern town of Enschede, of which the other 51% is owned by housing corporations. Apparently the network currently has 5,000 homes passed, with ultimately 100k in sight. This makes me even more curious about the question I posed at the end of this post.

UPDATE: Press release is now here, and it appears that the Planet story was partially wrong. KPN is to own all the 5,000 fiber subs, and work towards 25k with CasaNet, thereafter adding other housing corporations in search of 100k connections over time.

No comments: