Tuesday, September 05, 2006

SMS for MS



A Palladium Class mega-uber value reader in the Netherlands sent in this image from a train platform in Utrecht, where the displays also host this clever charity fund-raising effort. Send an SMS to the appropriate number and your message is displayed for all to see. The majority of proceeds go to MS Research. This message is directed to me ("Hello James," it says), but I assume there must be all manner of weird and wonderful things crossing the screen daily, from "Feyernoord rules" and "I hate my job" to "You're kinda cute, weren't you the bass player in Golden Earring?" and "If you think this is bad, you should try the English trains." If anyone out there happens to have any stats on how much SMS traffic this service is generating, I would love to see them.

No comments: