Friday, June 17, 2005

Idle Friday thoughts

I have a low geek quotient, so feel free to tell me this is a stupid or unworkable idea, but I've been thinking about VSkype. Let's say I have a TV tuner slotted into my PC. If I can share my desktop with 200 people, and that desktop happens to be displaying a live tranmission of the latest episode of "Desperate Housewives," then what are the chances that we could add the audio channel and rebroadcast the program live to users around the world? Also, if each of the 200 people I'm sharing my desktop with can share this in turn with 200 others, then don't we have the makings of a massive video content sharing community within Skype. I'm sure this is a less-than-straightforward scenario to bring about from a technical standpoint - for now.

No comments: