Friday, November 18, 2005

The human mesh

I'm not quite sure how I managed it, but I got invited to dinner with a bunch of interesting people last night, for a change, hosted by Kevin and Johanna Werbach. One of the attendees turned out to be Richard Lander from Locustworld, who had some great anecdotes about delivering broadband to Bolivia, as well as some other interesting (the important bit is about 7 minutes into this) developments I want to follow up on when things are a bit quieter. He also points me to this very cool mash-up of Google maps with the network status and topology stats from another Meshbox deployment in Vivian, Louisiana. Damned impressive. (Incidentally, this is the region where one half of my family comes from, and knowing it as I do, I guess the mesh pickup and bassboat are also in the pipeline!)

No comments: