Friday, November 04, 2005

Disruption 3.0

A couple of weeks ago, a friend and Double Palladium Club mega-value reader turned me on to xG Technologies, which I linked to here in passing, with no commentary. Accordingly, no one seemed to take any notice. I also contacted the company's PR guru, to no avail as far as I can see (unless of course a response got sucked into the infinite black hole which is the Daiwa spam filters). Today xG has been Slashdotted, in reference to a media event in support of its xMax product. I've written frequently about IPWireless and Flarion in the past, but this would appear to be a very different beast indeed, and if it works as described, could be significantly more disruptive. It seems that there are many unanswered questions, and I'm not an RF engineer, so I will demure, but I am inclined to believe that, having kept so quiet until recently, there must be some substance to their claims - otherwise it's media suicide. Expect this to become the next "new, new thing."

No comments: