Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Secure Access 3

Just as some further proof that I am actually using Google Secure Access at a Swisscom hotspot in London, I went into my Sitemeter account (password protected) and then clicked into the blog itself. The effect of this is to of course register the IP address from which the blog was accessed, and also to see a clear referral from my Sitemeter account as validation. Then I went back into the Sitemeter account, and this is what I saw associated with my entry into the blogsite:

Domain Name collation.net
(Network) IP Address
66.28.250.#
(Cogent Communications) ISP
Cogent Communications Location
Continent : North America
Country : United States
State : California
City : San Francisco
Lat/Long : 37.7729, -122.5645 (Map)

So there we have it - I am technically in the Bay Area!

No comments: