Thursday, September 15, 2005

The power of the network?

A Diamond Cluster mega-value reader writes in with a personal slant on SkypeBay as one who makes money on eBay currently in B2B transactions:

"I am an eBay 'power seller'. I have my own store with 100 items listed for sale on average. The price range is from $100 to $2500 per item. I get 2 or 3 emails per week and almost always these relate to a product series detail which I forget to include in the description.

The thing I LOVE about eBay is that I have NO hassles in selling an item. If I describe it carefully, somebody will buy it and I am not bothered. I sell the item, get the money, and ship with no human interaction, which I enjoy.

Sometimes I do get email and they ask me to lower my price. I think you will see that much more with voice service added. It will also be easier to get around eBay's fees when you have direct contact. Last month was a little slow, and I still sent them $351 for their commission."

No comments: