Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Back home again, in San Francisco

Well, I am back home now, on my own connection. I just repeated the exercise, pinging the blog, and the IP address which comes through in the Sitemeter is once again resolved as "Cogent Communications, San Francisco". It should read, "ntl.com" and "Lambeth, London." I have screen shots which I will try to post a bit later. I dropped this little tidbit into my presentation today at Carriers World as "breaking news", and there were some puzzled looks, as well as a few smiles. Then I asked them to consider that all of my internet traffic, including my Skype traffic (I assume), was being routed through a Google server in the US on an encrypted connection. Some heads nodded, some laughed uncomfortably. Mission accomplished, shock and awe. Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore, this isn't about WiFi.

No comments: