Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Den Haag Telecom



Now in a church (I would say it's an appropriate choice for a telecom event) in Den Haag (The Hague) attending a crash course in Dutch known as Den Haag Telecom. This photo is of the alderman for ICT making introductory remarks. On the screen to the right is a screen displaying audience comments sent in via SMS. I have a hard time seeing this sort of event happening in the UK.

UPDATE: I thought the UPC presentation was pretty interesting, for a cableco (discussion of user generated content, long-tail issues, etc.). One thing which made me giggle was that it appears that Versatel's "Mediabrowser" is designed to look like a telephone keypad. Only a telco would arrange a menu for media to look like a telephone. I find this baffling.

No comments: