Friday, March 18, 2005

Silhouettes on the shade

In the year that I've been doing this blog thing, one thing which has always interested me intensely is who is reading. Given that I syndicate entire articles, people using newsreaders never need enter the site, to be picked up by my sitemeter tag (challenge - can you find it on this page?). However, my observation is that only around 10% of visitors are entering the site from a newsreader.

Anyway, I've always been curious to see not only who was coming in, but also from where. Sometimes the limited data I can see paints a pretty clear scenario, other times not. One thing that has always intrigued me is the almost complete absence of broker URLs, particularly in light of some of my inflammatory views on the future of research. This seems to have changed a bit in the past few days, and I'm not quite sure why. Hello, whoever you are.

No comments: