Wednesday, December 06, 2006

It's your document calling

Everytime I talk to clients about the wild and wonderful world of VoIP, I urge them to keep their eyes on Adobe. Most times, they seem confused until I explain, but those of us interested in these things have known why for some time. Today we get a much clearer, and very exciting, indication of things to come. Again, it probably shouldn't come as any surprise that Adobe has found a way to marry Flash with the humble pdf, but think about how significant this could be, not only for collaboration within companies, but also between publishers and clients.

As one example near and dear to my heart, I keep thinking about the brokers' research community and its enduring addiction to scattergun pdf distribution and voicemail bombardment of clients - how different might things be if the reader/readers were able to opt in to just this sort of virtual meeting room to discuss and debate? Pull, not push, share, not thrust.

No comments: