Thursday, January 08, 2009

Broadband bombshells

A couple of mega-uber value readers have pointed me towards a couple of interesting reports hot off the presses:

OFCOM's survey of broadband speed and performance characteristics, carried out by the awesome SamKnows, looks like the most comprehensive study of its type ever produced, and I look forward to reading it.

Likewise, OPTA has released an interesting-looking report (and spreadsheet) commissioned from AnalysysMason comparing costs of various scenarios for fiber deployment in the Netherlands. I have only scanned it very quickly, but if I'm interpreting the cost comparisons correctly, it would seem to point to a significant cost disadvantage for sub-loop unbundling. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please blog again, I am craving!

Askan.